Our Patient Forum will be holding its next meeting on Wednesday, 26th April at 6pm. It will be held here at Hawthorn House, near the Yardley Green Road entrance to Heartlands Hospital. Our Lead Consultant, Dr Steve Taylor, will be attending this meeting.
Please let us know if you intend to come along so we can sort seating/refreshments
- A patient forum or panel is something which is set up ‘by patients for patients’ to ensure you receive high quality care (we had a first meeting on 11th Jan 2017 and a second one 15th Feb here at Hawthorn House).
- It’s a group of patients who are willing to listen, discuss and then represent patient views.
- It’s also an opportunity to find solutions in response to issues highlighted.
- Not everything can realistically be influenced or changed, but we can guarantee a discussion and some things can change ! The evening clinic came about because of patients voicing their need.
- The forum enables the service to consult with you about potential changes/service developments.
- It gives the service the opportunity to listen, understand and respond to your needs and expectations.
- A forum is for detailed discussion between patients, clinical staff and if needed, managers – whose main aim is to maintain but also improve quality of care.
- It is an opportunity to have and express a view about the Trust merger with University Hospital Birmingham.
Through the forum, patients can have a voice in an organised way but the forum is not for individual, personal complaints – these must be dealt with in the usual way on an individual basis.
Would you like some more information? Are you worried about attending? Would you like to express thoughts/ideas but can’t attend? Would you like to attend the next session? Please email bhs-tr.HIVCNS@nhs.net or telephone 0121 424 0980 / 2360,