- A patient forum or panel is something which is set up ‘by patients for patients’ to ensure you receive high quality care.
- We’ve previously had meetings 11th Jan 2017, 15th Feb, 26th April and 8th June here at Hawthorn House.
- It’s a group of patients who are willing to listen, discuss and then represent patient views.
- The forum is also an opportunity to find solutions in response to issues highlighted.
- Not everything can always be influenced or changed, but we can guarantee a discussion and some things can change! The evening clinic came about because of patients voicing their need.
- The forum enables the service to consult with you about potential changes/service developments.
- It also gives the service the opportunity to listen, understand and respond to your needs and expectations.
- A forum is for detailed discussion between patients, clinical staff and if needed, managers – whose main aim is to maintain but also improve quality of care.
- This is a great opportunity for our community to have and express a view about the Trust merger with University Hospital Birmingham.
Patients can have a voice in an organised way via the forum – but it’s not for individual, personal complaints. These must be dealt with in the usual way on an individual basis.
Next meeting – Wednesday 19th July 2017 at 6pm. Hawthorn House, Heartlands Hospital.
Would you like some more information? Are you worried about attending? Would you like to express thoughts/ideas but can’t attend? Would you like to attend the next session? Email bhs-tr.HIVCNS@nhs.net or telephone 0121 424 0980 / 2360.
Please let us know if you intend to come along so we can arrange seating/refreshments.